In case a subscription that which is in active state shifts to an inactive state and no further renewals are possible, then it is canceled subscription. The cancellation of an active subscription can take place anytime. Below given are the five ways in which the cancellation of a subscription can take place:
- Subscription can be canceled manually through Web Interface
- By sending cancellation request through Cancel Subscription API
- Because of nonpayment in the dunning process
- In the ending of the renewal period, when the number of billing cycles becomes zero.
- Customers can also cancel the subscription via Customer Portal
There could be various reasons for the cancellation of the subscription. When a subscription gets canceled due to any of the below listed cases, the reason for cancellation will be notified to you by subscription canceled event.
- Not Paid
- No Card
- Fraud Review Failed
- Non Compliant EU Customer
- Tax Calculation Failed
- Currency incompatible with Gateway
- Non Compliant Customer
But if there is some other for the cancellation of subscription, the subscription canceled event will not have any reason for the cancellation.<
Reactivating Canceled Subscription
To re-activate the billing for a canceled subscription, you have to ‘reactivate' your subscription. Learn more.
Why is it not possible to set the time when I change the cancellation date?
This is because your ChargeMonk site must be in the day-based billing mode.
In this mode, it is mentioned that at the end of the day, the cancellation will take place.